Wednesday, 30 March 2016

Prologue

I want all of the things I write here to be finished, complete, refined. I want my thoughts to be perfectly expressed and thought through before I post them. And that's probably a good idea. But the irony of writing is that perfection is a process (and never truly attainable, to boot); nobody's first draft is that great, and no one's work at the beginning of their journey is ultimately what they want they want it to be. But here it is. And I hope my thoughts, however unrefined, will be interesting brain fuel for those out there who wish to read them.

This blog might also cover some thoughts and questions that I have. I might comment on issues and concepts that I'm wondering about or wrestling with. The name Sanctuary, however, is meant to reflect that no matter what we're thinking about or going through, our resting place at the end of the day is in in God and the comfort of His goodness, power, and all-knowingness. Even though I don't have it all figured out, I can be reminded that God is still my sanctuary.

Welcome to Sanctuary: my journey with God in amidst life's chaos. He helps us stand when the waters are rough. Feel free to comment and share your thoughts in response to mine.

He is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment